|Welcome to Health and Physical Education|
|Physical Education Policies and Procedures
1. Arrive to class on time and ready to participate. Stars expectations are to be followed in the lock room and gym.
2. Enter and exit the locker rooms in a timely manner, wait until everyone is dressed, then walk out together.
3. Change into appropriate physical education attire. This means shorts, sweat pants or wind pants, and a t-shirt or sweatshirt. Follow the school dress code rules. Dress appropriately for the weather. Jackets
may be necessary. Athletic shoes are mandatory.
4. Follow the attendance/warm-up procedure. Sit in your attendance spot while teacher takes attendance, begin warm- up procedures with class.
5. Respect all school, facility and unit rules both safety and behavioral. Keep the locker room clean and
6. No food, drinks, candy or gum are allowed at any time. Water bottles are allowed inside and out.
7. Any notes regarding health conditions or medical excuses must be brought directly to me.
8. Students are responsible to have a pencil and notebook available in the Health room.
9. No Jewelry is to be worn during class time.
10. Students are asked not to leave clothing or any personal possessions unlocked in the locker room. BRINGING VALUABLES TO CLASS IS DISCOURAGED. RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE LOSS OF PERSONAL POSSESSIONS RESIDES WITH EACH STUDENT. All students will be assigned a PE locker for the year. There will be a $5.00 fee for a lost lock. Never switch lockers, share them or give out your combination. Please make sure to keep it locked at all times. Please no electronics in the locker room at any time.
11. No students are allowed in the equipment room. The class will not be dismissed until all equipment is cleaned up and accounted for.
12. Do not leave class without permission; teacher will dismiss you from the locker room. Gym locker room and hallway procedures
Locker Room and Hallway Procedures
All students will line up in designated areas outside of gym and locker room before class begins.
7:30 or under = A 8:15 or under = A
7:31-8:30 = P 8:16-9:15 = P
8:31-9:30 = P 9:16-10:30 = P
9:31-11:30 = PP 10:31-12:30 = PP
11:31-12:45 = PP 12:31-13:30 = PP
12:46 or over = U 13:31 or over = U
***Performance Standards For Mile Race based on National Presidential Fitness One-Mile Run Standards
S - Show Respect
T - Tolerance
A - Achievement
R - Responsibility
S – Safety
Classroom Discipline Plan
**There may be offenses that result in a direct referral to the office depending on the severity
Illness or Injury Policy:
A note is required if a student cannot participate in any portion of class. A note from a parent/guardian is acceptable for up to a three day issue. If the student cannot participate for three or more days, a note must be obtained from a physician. If a note cannot be obtained from a physician, please email or call your child's P.E. teacher to inform them of the student’s situation. Activities can be modified if necessary to fit student needs.
If you haven’t done so already please communicate your students medical needs that may affect his/her ability to fully participate in PE with the Nurse and their PE teacher, this would include inhaler information and procedure.
Time spent outdoors is an important part of the school day. Children should be exposed to fresh air and exercise. Time spent outdoors allows students an opportunity to engage in activities that allow them to relax from the structure of the classroom for a short while.
When the temperature index reaches 95 degrees or above or when temperature and wind chill falls below 40 degrees students will be kept indoors.
Students are informed of the school’s cold weather guidelines, along with reminders
about the necessity appropriate clothing for cold weather activities. During cold weather, please have sweat suits, sweatshirts, or jackets to wear. All clothes should be taken home regularly for cleaning. No jeans of any kind will be allowed as part of the P.E.dress code.