Monday, August 7, 2017
Welcome to the 2017-2018 school year! I look forward to seeing many of you today or tomorrow at Registration Days. You should have received an email and a phone call with more details. It is also posted on our Facebook page (have you liked us yet?).
Several changes you should be aware of for this year:
- We are not able to continue with Breakfast in the Classroom. Students will be able to purchase breakfast before school starting at 7:45. Students that qualify for free or reduced lunch will receive breakfast for free.
- While we allow the use of fidgets for students who need them to focus, we only allow those the require one hand and are not distracting to others. This means that we do NOT allow fidget spinners. Please make sure they are left at home.
- The health of staff and students is important to us. We have scheduled 10 minutes each day for students to go outside and get some fresh air before lunch. Please make sure students have jackets when cooler weather arrives.
- There have been some changes to our cell phone/electronics expectations. Please be sure to review these in the student handbook, which is located in the front of the student planner, as well as on our website.
- Please note that energy drinks are not allowed at Weld Central Middle School.
I am looking forward to a great school year. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need anything.
The Mission Statement for
Weld County School District Re-3J
Creating opportunities for student success through a safe learning environment, rigorous instruction, diverse activities, and an engaged community
The Vision Statement for
Weld Central Middle School
Empowering students to become caring,
respectful, life-long learners
Weld Central Middle School’s Core Values